Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Deep In The ... err ... Heart? of Texas

My wife Jennifer is a pre-K Montessori teacher. I think being married to me all these years has given her tons of patience and understanding and groomed her to be quite excellent at the job.

But my wife is also a fun loving college student of the 90s. The 90s saw lots of trends and perhaps one of the most popular was proliferation of tattoos. And if you were a college aged girl of the 90s and went out to get some ink there is a fairly high chance that said ink was placed a couple of inches above the crack of your ass.

Yep, I'm talking about the oh so glorious tramp stamp. Yep, I am revealing to the world that my wife has one.

I tried in vain to gain permission to include a picture of her tattoo here. Nope I didn't get it.

So for the 2 maybe 3 folks out there in blog land unaware what a tramp stamp looks like here is one I found on the good old internet.



My wife's tattoo is about that same size only a different shape. Hers is a heart-shaped Texas flag.

Not unlike the one displayed on the cover of THE FEEDSTORE CHRONICLES.


No that was not a hidden symbol. I had nothing to do with the cover design so it was kind of funny when my publisher sent the art work and I noticed the design.

Okay, back to my wife and her teaching duties.

Four and five-year-olds are inquisitive creatures. And perceptive. So just the other day an eagle-eyed lad spotted a bit of Jennifer's ink when she was sitting in circle time.

And what did he do?

Immediately shouted, "Mrs. Jennifer has a Captain America tattoo on her butt!"

I get the boy's confusion.



The star is there. And the colors and hey a circle and a heart are not all that different.

What I find most humorous is that my wife was not so offended that this kid was shouting about her butt, or acting like she'd just mooned him when in fact he only spied the very top of the tatt above her waistline. Not it was the fact that she was offended that ANYONE regardless of age would think she'd be silly enough to get a superhero tattoo.

She was steadfast in in squelching that rumor. "I do not have a Captain America tattoo. It is a Texas tattoo. she quickly informed everyone in ear shot."

And that is but another reason why I love my wife.


13 comments:

Aimless Writer said...

And this is why we love kids! lol

Old Kitty said...

A what stamp? A tramp stamp?!?! LOL!

Take care
x

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Great story! A true patriot. And I love that song by Lyle Lovett. On his website there's the TV commercial he did based on it, where he phones everyone in the USA and sings that song to convince them to come visit your great state. Very funny!

YELLOWDOG GRANNY said...

good for her...I like the idea of having the flag on her back..

the walking man said...

Uh Jennfer no picture then I have to go with the eyewitness report. Why in the world would you get a Captain America tattoo on your butt?


Not to be offensive (or overly so) but my ass is about where I would put the Texas state flag...if for no other reason than the size of my ass and that old saying about everything is bigger in Texas.

Charles Gramlich said...

I guess I see why you like to play Texas Hold 'em.

Travis Erwin said...

Charles, that comment made me laugh out loud. And I suppose you are correct.

WordVixen said...

Bwahahahaha! I love Jennifer. <3 :-)

Also: my kind of humor, The Walking Man haz it. (Re: TX on butt = everything bigger in TX)

Anonymous said...

nice opinion.. thanks for sharing.

Phats said...

This is hilarious haha. Kids are great! Never got a tatt, thought about it my college years but none to speak of

DrillerAA09 said...

Kids are just the best, and they don't miss a thing. The young many probably saw The Avengers recently. Love it.

Joanne Brothwell said...

Hee Hee. I wonder what the parents heard that evening!

DrillerAA09 said...

Love this post. And...That's Right, I'm Not From Texas! BOOMER, Sooner!