Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Contest and a pretty butt.

Short post today, but tomorrow I plan to rattle on about my theories when it comes to writing fiction.


Couple of quick things. Literary Agent Nathan Bransford is running a contest over on his blog. Writers can post first lines from their various works and he is going to choose finalist later today, before opening up a poll for readers to vote. I tossed in in a couple of entries this morning myself. If your interested to know how Plundered Booty the short story, or If Only He Knew, my in progress women's fiction novel start pop on over here and read all the entries. Mine is near the bottom and there are almost four hundred as I type this. I have no idea whether I'll make the finals or not, but I'd love to hear what y'all think. There are also a couple of entries from regular commenter's on this blog.


Also fellow blogger Bubblewench honored me recently with this.
Who'd of thunk it? Me nice.
Now I have to ask why does an award honoring niceness entail a picture of a scantily clad woman. Who, knows but I'll take it and I thank her for it.
Me and Bubblewench have already established that we were pirates together in a former life.
So now I'm supposed to repay the favor and nominate others for the award.
So here goes.
WordVixen - I have to include since she was the first person to ever link to me, and I really enjoy her subtle wit. And now I get to pay her back by tagging her.
AlternateFish - Again one of the very first people to read and comment and link to this blog. Right now she is off in jolly old England blogging about her experience. I'll even forgive her for being a San Jose Sharks fan.
Alex Keto - We met in February at a writers workshop in Arizona. We had many a fun and late night conversation while doing our part to rid the world of its excess supply of booze.
Bluefingers - Also met her in Arizona but unfortunately she couldn't keep up with me and Alex. She has what many would call a perverse sense of humor, but she is always willing to help out a fellow writer.
Brooke- I only know her through the blogosphere but she has to be nice because I still haven't delivered the prize I promised to her months ago, and she hasn't complained once. Don't worry you will have it soon.
Wow guess this post isn't short after all.

12 comments:

Tee/Tracy said...

That is the weirdest award I've ever seen. ROFL.

Congrats? :)

Britta Coleman said...

Scrolled down to find your entry...that guy IS crazy. And generous.

The "awkward sounds" line made me laugh all over again. Great work.

alternatefish said...

nice? me? why, thank you.

(bwahahahHAha! my evil plan is working!)

alternatefish said...

p.s. big-hearted of you, to forgive the Sharks thing. I may someday forgive you for being a Stars fan. Don't hold your breath. :)

WordVixen said...

Awww! That is so sweet! Thank you Travis. :) Although, I'm not certain that I actually have wit- but maybe it's too subtle for me to pick up?

alex keto said...

Ahh gee. Thanks guy

Ello - Ellen Oh said...

Hey Travis, just posted my list of faves from the contest and your first entry was on my list. It was perfectly funny and awkward all at the same time. Great first line.

WordVixen said...

Hm... And I'd like to add, how do you know that's a pretty butt? It's only the side of her left cheek/hip.

Brooke said...

Woohoo! Thanks for the nod! See? Patience is a virtue :)

Just don't ever get behind me in the DMV, you might change your mind!

Charles Gramlich said...

Thanks for the info on the contest. I love these kinds of things so will pop over for a look. Congrats on the award.

Bernita said...

Travis, thank you for including me on that list on Ello's blog.
You immediately made my Favourites List.

Terrie Farley Moran said...

Travis,

What an award! And we all know you deserve it.

Terrie