Sunday, February 24, 2008

Not A Real Post

My wife tells me my blog has been boring lately. Not funny enough. She's probably right. She usually is. But most of my funny bone has been directed to writing Plundered Booty and for whatever reason I've been compelled to blog about writing more.

She also thinks the My Town Monday idea is goofy, but I like it and once again I'm going to cheat and post my later this evening. That way I can concentrate on linking up to the rest of you who join in. So drop me a line in the comments if you do post on your town -- past or present.

Yeah, I know this post is funny either, but it's not really a post so much as a subliminal message and advertisement for My Town Monday. Oh, it might also me a shameless attempt to gather support and prove to my wife that my recent informational posts haven't chased away all my readers.



************** An Addition *************



Now this email made me laugh when a friend sent it to me. Who knows the real story behind this or if it is even a genuine photo, but either way funny.



DISPUTE BETWEEN NEIGHBORS - A TRUE STORY



A city councilman in Utah , Mark Easton, had a beautiful view of the mountains until a neighbor purchased a lot below his house and built a new home. The new home was 18 inches higher than the ordinances would allow, so Mark Easton, mad about his lost view, went to the city to make sure they enforced the lower roof line ordinance. The new neighbor had to drop the roof line, at great expense.Recently, Mark Easton called the city, and informed them that his new neighbor had installed some vents on the side of his home. Mark didn't like the look of these vents and asked the city to investigate. When they went to Mark's home to see the vent view, this is what they found...


11 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

although I haven't joined in on the My town Mondays I've enjoyed reading the entries.

~grace~ said...

I am difficult to chase away.

I'm like a bad penny. Or a wine-stain. Or something else that never goes away.

Jenster said...

I'm still here...

I like My Town Mondays and plan on participating eventually. :o)

Love the picture!!

Tell Jennifer hello.

Rosie said...

Those pictures and story are unbelievable...the lengths people will go.

Mr. Shife said...

Well that is not very nice but pretty damn funny.

Merry Monteleone said...

I like the writing posts, besides, you're never a boring read even when you are informative..

and I love the additional story and photos... now there's some creative construction.

Spy Scribbler said...

Hah! Ohmigosh, that is priceless. I wish DH were home, because he'd get a major kick out of that. That's something he would do, or at least love to do, LOL!

alex keto said...

Eeek! You can't drop "My Town Mondays." I have a post in the works about real nuclear bombs. Who can resist that?

Shauna Roberts said...

I think "My Town Monday" is a good idea. I haven't joined in because so far, my new town is very boring. (Wish you had started this when I lived in New Orleans—I could do several weeks of posts on it.)

Danette Haworth said...

Ha! That picture of your friend!

WordVixen said...

My Town Mondays is awesome! I've found some great bloggers this way, and traffic has more than doubled. Even throughout the week. Even when I'm not posting! Plus, it motivates me to keep posting throughout the week so that I don't just have a series of posts on Lancaster. :)

And your writing posts are excellent.