Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Yes, I Am A Pirate


Tomorrow I turn 39.

Given that fact I do believe this should be my theme song for the next 12 months. I do like Jimmy Buffet, but Jack Johnson's mellow vibe on this song really appeals to me which is why I shared his version.


Looking at 40.

I've never actually met a Mayan, but according to them the world will end on my 40th birthday ... 12/21/2012 but the date doesn't scare me much. After all, how damn smart could the Mayans be if none of them survived? And marking 4 decades among the living sure beats the alternative. However, as I age I do find myself reflecting on life ... past, present, and future more often.

I am thankful for the experiences I've had in life, lucky to have survived more than a few of them, and blessed to be where I am at. I thank you for sharing the last several years with me here on this blog and I hope to see you a few of you at my 40th/End of Times Birthday bash. yes there will be one and 12/21/2012 falls on a Friday so make plans to attend now.

Take care my friends and in case I don't post again before then, have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and Fantabulous Festivus.

11 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Savour the last of your thirties, Travis! Happy birthday and best wishes to you!

Anonymous said...

Travis' wife says:
Well being this song plays every time you call me...you know I love this song. I hope you have a great birthday tomorrow. Your 40th party will be epic...I love a good party!!!

G. B. Miller said...

Happy B'day big guy!

Old Kitty said...

Love those Mayans!

Happy Birthday!!!!!! Awww 40 is a GREAT AGE! Better than 39 (which is pretty good too!) Take care

x

Cloudia said...

Thanks, Trav -you too.
Actually, I wasn't fearing an actual 'end' on 12 21 12, until I learned that it is your b-day! and a major one at that. Maybe all of us, all of this, is just a figment of your prodigious imagination?!

Thanks for plugging local Jack J, this island needs his song money for green projects. . .

Happy Happy to YOU too, FRIEND!


Aloha from Honolulu
Comfort Spiral

> < } } ( ° >

><}}(°>

< ° ) } } > <

yellowdoggranny said...

On my 4oth birthday I got into a fist fight along with my son with a bunch of Baylor yuppies who thought it would be fun to cut us off on I-35...the next light?..they were thinking it wasn't so funny after all...
so you have something to look forward to...topping Jackie's birthday story..happy birthday.

Rick said...

Mayans just make that stuff up to confuse the rest of us. Really. Live well. Write a lot.

grace said...

well if the world's going to end on your 40th I think that means you need to have one HELL of a birthday party.

(and happy 39th!)

the walking man said...

Have a wonderful day today Travis and may the next 364 be just as good to you, we'll worry about the 365th when it comes.

alex keto said...

Not to be a know it all, but I think the Mayans really said that the current time cycle will end on Dec. 21, 2012, not that the world will end.
However, if you prefer to believe the world will end because you are turning 40 next year, well, a lot of people think that way. They get over it usually about the time they turn 45 and realize it's not so bad being in your forties.

Of course I could be totally wrong and if the world does end, don't bother saying "told you so."

Megan Bostic said...

I hope you had a great birthday. Happy holidays to you.