Swallowed pen still works 25 years later
The gist of this story is a woman was poking at her sore tonsils with a felt tip marker when she lsot her balance and fell, swallowing the pen in the process. Doctors spotted it in a recent when she was having some unrelated trouble. They decided to remove the pen and despite having spent all that time in her gut the think still had usable ink and could write. I've written a few gut wrneching stories but this tale trumps me by a long shot.
The Lincoln Journal Star says Monday that officials don't know when it happened, why it happened or who did it, but the smell left no question. A police report puts the loss at $3,900.
Tammy Teasley of Lincoln City Libraries says she was removing older, outdated books from circulation on Nov. 28 when she detected the odor on the shelves on the second floor in a corner of the building.
Teasley says the person was likely intoxicated and found a secluded spot in the library. She says the remaining books on those shelves will be moved elsewhere.