Sunday, March 3, 2013

This Bucking Sucks

$1.26

 One buck, one quarter, and one penny.

That will buy you about a 1/3 gallon of gas depending where you live. If your rides gets 30mpg that $1.26 will get you 10 miles.

Or you can purchase something in the neighborhood of 1/6 of a movie tickets which equals about 20 minutes of entertainment.

For three more pennies $1.29 you can get yourself a Whopper Jr. at BK, but unless you are 8 that is unlikely to full your gut.

However, you can buy the PRINT copy, an actual hold in your hands book, of my labor. Better than a year's worth of labor if you count rewrites.





That puts my per day profit at 0.0034520547945205 cents per copy sold. Or at least it would if Amazon and my publisher didn't take a cut. I'm not even going to do the math because a third of a cent is woeful enough.

Tell me again why I do this?

Oh yeah, Because I love it.






p.s. The Kindle version is even cheaper at $1.20


6 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

So you're not one of those millionaire authors, eh?

Phats said...

Hope it sells my friend

the walking man said...

Never ever ever EVER break down the costs, unless you're ready to use that Smith & Wesson on yourself. hahahahaahahahahaahaha

Write grammatical shit and watch it fly into the fan to become modern literature.


I enjoyed the hell out of FSC because it really showed how you became the big Dufus you are today.

Charles Gramlich said...

Wow man, that is rock bottom. I hope you move three million copies so you'll make a little bit of cash!

G. B. Miller said...

Writing definitely ain't about profit margins.

Twas a good book and I bragged about it where it counts.

AvDB said...

Not happy news. It would be nice if the rest of the world could understand these "trivial" things that drive us writers mad. A fair paycheck. It's all we ask. Only a few ever get it, though. Keep working and hoping, man.