Tuesday, April 15, 2014

And People Thought Ozzy Was Disrespectful

I'm a proud Texan.

I know my state history.

I have visited the Alamo.

So I have always enjoyed the famous Davy Crockett quote ...






And I do love keeping my beer cold, so when I spotted this can coolie in a little gift shop in Chillicoathe, Texas, I found it quite tempting.

After all what better way to honor a true Lone Star hero who died while fighting for Texas's independence against Santa Ana's army ...

a man who stood his ground despite being outnumbered nearly ten to one ...

than with a beer holder declaring his bravado?

I turned it over to check the price and what did I find?


The man killed him a bear when he was only three, but 178 years later ... the Mexicans are still getting the last word.




5 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh the terrible, terrible irony!

the walking man said...

I always sort of put Hell and Texas in the same category myself. ;-p

B.E. Sanderson said...

Irony can be a horrible thing.

Charles Gramlich said...

lol. the modern world, man.

Phats said...

Ha! Made in Mexico that's great