Tuesday, April 15, 2014

And People Thought Ozzy Was Disrespectful

I'm a proud Texan.

I know my state history.

I have visited the Alamo.

So I have always enjoyed the famous Davy Crockett quote ...






And I do love keeping my beer cold, so when I spotted this can coolie in a little gift shop in Chillicoathe, Texas, I found it quite tempting.

After all what better way to honor a true Lone Star hero who died while fighting for Texas's independence against Santa Ana's army ...

a man who stood his ground despite being outnumbered nearly ten to one ...

than with a beer holder declaring his bravado?

I turned it over to check the price and what did I find?


The man killed him a bear when he was only three, but 178 years later ... the Mexicans are still getting the last word.




7 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Oh the terrible, terrible irony!

the walking man said...

I always sort of put Hell and Texas in the same category myself. ;-p

B.E. Sanderson said...

Irony can be a horrible thing.

Charles Gramlich said...

lol. the modern world, man.

Phats said...

Ha! Made in Mexico that's great

Play Bazaar said...

Like with any elective types of medication, it's ideal to keep an absolutely receptive outlook in the potential advantages of needle therapysatta king
play bazaar

eScrapBook said...

Thanks, great blog post