Thursday, February 7, 2008

Busy, busy, busy

Still frantically creating and manipulating the lives of my characters ... Red Dirt, Oklahoma will never be the same, so in the meantime I'm going to cheat and post a few of these for your entertainment. I still read every comment so please weigh with your results.

You Should Be a Mechanic

You are logical, calm, and detail oriented.
You're rational when things are chaotic, and for you, reason always prevails.
And while you are guided by logic, you aren't a slave to it.
You're flexible when it counts. You are always open to being wrong.

You do best when you:

- Work with your hands
- Can use tools, machines, or equipment

You would also be a good architect or carpenter.



That is just sad because that is what I do now, work on mail sorting equipment for the postal service. And here I thought I was meant o be a writer. :(

Your Superpower Should Be Manipulating Electricity

You're highly reactive, energetic, and super charged.
If the occasion calls for it, you can go from 0 to 60 in a split second.
But you don't harness your energy unless you truly need to.
And because of this, people are often surprised by what you are capable of.

Why you would be a good superhero: You have the stamina to fight enemies for days

Your biggest problem as a superhero: As with your normal life, people would continue to underestimate you


Again freaky since I do work with electricity on those same machines. I don't know about that 0 to 60 business but Stamina is my middle name.

You Are a Boston Terrier Puppy

Aggressive, wild, and rambunctious.
Deep down, you're just a cuddle monster.


Man, I was really hoping to be a Saint Bernard just so I could have a barrel of booze, or a Mastiff, but a Boston Terrier?

15 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

If I were a dog I'd probably be a bluetick coon hound.

Britta Coleman said...

I should be a doctor or therapist, my superpower is mind reading (!), and apparently I'm a high-strung chihuahua puppy.

Stop laughing.

ORION said...

I've got to do this! My cats would just FREAK!!!
What if I end up a doberman LOL

Monnik said...

Boston Terriers are so freaking adorable, though! Too funny.

Shauna said...

I laughed at the "Boston Terrier" ... till my answer came up the same. Great dogs, aren't they??

Also, I should be a manager 'cause I like being in charge of people and handling details. My superpower is manipulating fire. The downside to that one is my wild emotions would make controlling my power difficult. That's basically a nice way of saying I have "issues." Hmmmm.

Lana Gramlich said...

Yay, quizzes!

You Should Be a Social Worker (note; um no, I really shouldn't!) You are deeply caring and empathetic. You are able to take on other people's problems as if they were your own. Sensitive and intuitive, you understand human emotions well. Helping others gives you the most joy in life. You feel like it's your purpose in life. You do best when you:
- Have a lot of responsibility
- Greatly impact someone's life with your work
You would also be a good philanthropist or stay at home parent.
(I say "oh HELL no" to most of this.)

Your Superpower Should Be Invisibility
You are stealth, complex, and creative. You never face problems head on. Instead, you rely on your craftiness to get your way. A mystery to others, you thrive on being a little misunderstood. You happily work behind the scenes because there's nothing better than a sneak attack! Why you would be a good superhero: You're so sly, no one would notice...not even your best friends. Your biggest problem as a superhero: Missing out on all of the glory that visible superheroes get.
(This is closer, particularly as I CAN be completely invisible, even in a large crowd.)

You Are a German Shepherd Puppy
Intelligent, quick witted, and a bit aggressive. You've got the jaw power to take a bite out of anyone you choose.
(Yeah, baby! Take that, Social Worker! Guess we can't all be "cuddle monsters," like you. *LOL*)

Thanks for sharing--this was fun!

Cicily Janus said...

If I was any type of dog I would be a pug. So ugly their cute.

And no, that is not self-deprecation.

My super power would be...uh...would be to not procrastinate. Anyone who doesn't procrastinate is a super hero in my eyes.

Now go back to reading and writing, Travis.


Thanks for talking earlier today.

~Cicily

Chris Eldin said...

LOL!!! Cuddle Monster!
:-)

Chris Eldin said...

Oh Dear. I'm a high strung Chihuahau.
So NOT me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NoNOnoNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Okay. I'm done. As I was saying....

Therese said...

Such fun!

We have the same superpower...and, hmm, I don't work with electricity but my ex-husband does.

I am a German shepherd puppy who should be in the military. Who knew?

B.E. Sanderson said...

LOL I got doctor, manipulating electricity and chow puppy.

Fun stuff, Travis. Thanks. =o)

Patti said...

if i were a dog i'd be that pound puppy, whose time is almost up, trying to manipulate you to unlock the cage and let me run free...

cher said...

You Should Be a Doctor

You are practical, sharp, and very intuitive.
Optimistic and energetic, you are a problem solver who doesn't get discouraged easily.
You are also quite compassionate and caring. You make people feel hopeful.
You're highly adaptable and capable. You do well with almost any curve ball life throws at you.

You do best when you:

- Are always learning new subjects
- Use your knowledge to solve problems

You would also be a good therapist or detective.

Anonymous said...

"Deep down, you're just a cuddle monster." - Surprise, travis! That's not really too deep...in fact, it's easy to see you're like a big ol' teddy bear.

Jenster said...

Oh my gosh.

I should be a politician?? I don't think so. I'm honest to a fault!!

My superpower is also manipulating electricity and I'm a Boston Terrier. Hm. What do you make of that???