I was tagged by both Jerseygirl and Mom in Scrubs for the six random things meme.
Since I consider two requests, to be by popular demand here are my anwers.
1) I am bothered by the fact they make Bog Dog clothing in sizes small and medium. Conversely, it is wrong that anything spandex comes in extra large sizes.
2) There is an award that is still given at my high school that I was the inspiration for. It goes to the teacher that does the stupidest thing during the school year and my Ag (FFA- Future Farmers of America) teacher won the inaugural prize due to me. The girl collecting rolls became squeamish when she spotted me and another student butchering a rabbit (which was part of the state curriculum I might add) and she went home sick but not before running and screaming into the ROTC building. ROTC classes were for kids going into the military and were taught by a retired Marine Gunny Sergeant, or maybe h wasn't retired. Any way the girl embellished and made some outlandish claims that we were beating bunnies to death with baseball bats and the SPCA got involved and the principal of my school, a nice lady who happened to collect rabbit figurines wanted to expel me and the other student, but our ag teacher went to bat and showed the authorities that dressing animals was part of the state curriculum.
My teacher got me out of that trouble but a few days later the ROTC instructor, as a joke, had his class fashion signs and march into our class that read things like BUNNY BASHER and THE EASTER BUNNY ISN'T COMING THIS YEAR march into our class. Later, me and my friend made signs that said HUMAN KILLER and BABY BOMBER but no one took them as jokes and w got a months worth of detention.
3) I might have considered joining the military out of high school except I didn't think I could handle the food choices. I had visions of a drill sergeant screaming at me to at every last bit of my salad. matter of fact, that same image is pretty much my idea of what hell is like.
4) I sometimes regret not going away to attend college, but the truth is despite having always been a good student I would have lacked the discipline at 18 or 19 to take care of my business and not wind up on academic probation or suspension, or jail for reacting to the statement, "Oh come on, do it. What's the worst thing that could happen?"
5) It annoys me when people use the word ideal when actually mean idea.
6) The first first time I took a girl our on a date I got my pickup stuck in the mud on a dirt road. We were not pout on that lonely county road to do what y'all are thinking , but it was what her dad thought when we showed up at her house several hours late and covered with mud. no I never took her out again.
I'll tag only one person, HuddleKay, a new blogger, that also happens to be a writer from Amarillo so go check out what she has to say.