Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Rim Shot

My post yesterday has aroused a lot on questions.

First off Kielbasa is sausage. Meaty goodness that is a staple of my diet.

Often times I toss a few links on the grill and then when they are finished cooking I wrap them in a flour tortilla and call that supper. Kielbasa is particularly washed down with a cold beer.

And you are correct Hilary. I have no qualms eating with a bit of worm dirt still on my fingers. Matter of fact I'd rather eat the worms dirt and all that to taint my taste beds with a single shred of lettuce.

Avery however is wrong. I was not trying to steal my lunch so I did not have the package of kielbasa stuffed inside my pants. That was a worthy theory but apparently;y the milk maid like me despite my shortcomings.

Now for the question you all wanted to know. How did I respond the her comment?

You probably expect something witty, but sadly that is not the case. Instead I reached inside one of the drink coolers and said, "Guess I'll have to settle for Dr. Pepper."

She offered milk at her place I opted for soda. A friend of mine read yesterdays blog and sent this picture asking if the milk gal was wearing this ...

I'm happy to report she was not.

Onto to other absurdity. I always enjoy checking my account at statcounter to see what Google searches have led people to my blog. yesterday I discovered this gem of a search ...

a woman's father has hairy ear rims. what is the chance that she will pass on the gene to one of her

Being weird I'm somewhat proud that such a topic leads to my blog, but what I find truly interesting is the questions this search makes me ask.

First off, who was looking ...

A) A pregnant woman concerned her soon to be arriving child is gonna come out looking like the Wolfman?

B) A smitten dude who is madly in love with his girlfriend and wants to pop the question, but fears the gene pool of his beloved?

C) Or is the hairy-eared father himself, trying to decide if he has forever cursed his family with his fuzzy Auricles.

And I like the word choices. They didn't merely say hairy ears. Not they elaborated and typed hairy ear rims. I for one have never thought of my ears as having rims though I suppose they do. Some people spend lots of money on fancy rims for their cars that shine, keep spinning, and or add that touch of class only gold plated metal can bring.

Maybe ear rims are the next big thing. Maybe people starting to add some bling to their ears in the way they have their jewelry, teeth and automobiles. In that case the google searcher may have been ahead of the game looking for a fuzzy family to insure their offspring a good chance to stand out without resorting to ear hair weaves to enhance their rims. Laugh it up, but the hairy ear rim movement has already started, and this guy is the guru.



20 comments:

Lana Gramlich said...

I can say nothing about hairy ears, considering I've sprouted a single, annoying hair on the outer rim of my left nostril in the past couple of years. And another one out of my cheek last year. And let's not get into my beard, shall we? <:(

Old Kitty said...

Hi

Well now I know what a Kielbasa is.

:-)

I want that woman's t-shirt!

And I think your rejoiner was most apt considering the offer at hand!

As for the guy with the hairy ears. Well if that catches on then I think a little equality should also be appropriate. Women with hairy armpits - be proud and be seen!

Take care
x

Texanne said...

Settle for Dr. Pepper? Trav, Dr. Pepper is what the gods drink, specially if they can get to Dublin.

It may have sounded lame to you, but it made me giggle.

My brother has 40 cows--does that Tshirt come in XXXXXXlarge?

pattinase (abbott) said...

I don't know which I like better kielbasa or Bratwurst. Of course, I am 75% German.

Cloudia said...

Yummy!



Sorry I haven't been visiting as often as I'd like, but I've been
having connection issues that I THINK I've solved. Thanks for YOUr
visits & comments :)

Aloha from Waikiki


Comfort Spiral

Janna Leadbetter said...

That half-hairy picture is gross! But the Kielbasa, mmm... Throw some sauerkraut in and nom nom nom.

Rick said...

I'm going to break with the crowd, Travis. I mean, how much work did you put into that line? I think if the dairy maid was the same as the one wearing that superpower t-shirt, you might have begged for a minute, turned the corner, and dialed one of your buddies for an assist to come up with a really smooth criminal response. But, wait... you actually were able to get back to her place with that thin comeback. So maybe she thought you were so hot she didn't care what you said. Ever think of that?

Charles Gramlich said...

Lana takes care of my hairy ears.

Teresa said...

ROFL. Loved your come-back and the hairy ears.

Avery said...

Well, there goes my mental picture of you in a Spinal-Tap-at-the-airport scenario.

Hilary said...

That search topic is hilarious. Thanks for answering my comment and thanks for the linkage. The web linkage.. not the kielbasa links. ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm with pattinase - I'll take brats over kielbasa any day.

And (reaching) I was wondering if it was possible that the woman thought you were in desperate, dire, need - that you had a child in the car dying of milk deficiency (while you were in buying Dr. Pepper and kielbasa...but still). Yeah, I'm reaching (I already said that) but this is how good fiction is born, no?

I can't fish with worms. I love worms. I go out after rainstorms and save them from the puddles. Any other bait, I'm good. Not that I fish often these days. Mostly when I was younger.

DrillerAA09 said...

Yep, them gold plated, spinning rims just ooze class. Why, they outta be standard equipment on them Coupe DeVille's.

Bernita said...

~chortle, chortle~
I do like that t-shirt.

your other wife said...

I for one can say you do not have hairy ear rims but they are very soft!!! I have felt them!!!

Beth said...

The words that lead others to our blogs – fascinating. Sometimes alarming and a bit scary to know what’s out there, but always fascinating.
And if you then run with those words – as you did – laughter!

Dizzy Ms. Lizzy said...

Actually, Travis, I think your comment was PERFECT! :)

Bubblewench said...

OMG with the ear rim hair.

Kielbasa is WONDERFUL! I can't believe EVERYONE doesn't eat it... now I want some.

Junosmom said...

Thank you for finishing the story, now I can sleep at night.

Jerseygirl said...

If I have nightmares about scary ear hair guy tonight, I am holding you responsible. Also, I think your response was correct. You let her know you weren't interested without being rude. If you had been witty, she might have taken it the wrong way.