Richard over at smartlikestreetcar tagged me with a meme. I have done a similar in the past, but it has been a while so I am going to do it again. Besides, it is either this or nothing since most of my free time has been dedicated to plundering booty. Ninety-nine percent of y'all get that but if you are new here my current novel in progress is called Plundered Booty. For those keeping track I'm now officially 2/3rds of the way done.
On to the meme ...
Six Random Facts About Me
Yes, believe it or not there are at least six things about me that have as yet to appear on this blog. (good thing the meme didn't specify they actually be interesting)
1) I was in honors classes starting in fifth grade and continuing through high school, but for fifth grade they called them enrichment classes and they were by far the most fun. Our teacher was great and she made learning fun. At the end of each year the class had an election where we as peers chose class leader, class genius, class athlete, and a few other things. I still have the four certificates I won as class clown and class motor mouth both of those years.
2) My first and very short lived job was as a sacker for Albertson's grocery store, but I quit when the bosses would not let me off to attend a stock show. At the time, made $3.25 an hour sacking. At that show I won and sold my pig for $14,400.00. I would have had to work a little more that 4,430 hour, not counting taxes to make that much at the grocery store. That's better than two years of 40 hour weeks so I count that as one of my good choices in life. ***addition*** To see a picture of me and that pig click here.
3) Not long after I won that money I, along with friends, consumed 2 two liter bottles of purple passion. On the way home I became violently ill and I crawled on my hands and knees out out into the middle of dark and desolate farm to market road. The cold black pavement felt good on my flushed skin. My worried friends tried to drag me back over to the shoulder so any coming traffic would not run me over, but even then I weighed too much to be easily drug. They kept yelling at me to get up before I got ran over. My response - "Good, put me out of my misery."
No cars came, but I still consider that to be one of my poor decisions. Combined shortly thereafter with another dumb drunken decision I did not drink any alcohol for five or six years after that. Have I told that story before?
4) I got a flat tire the night of my bachelor party. One of the lug nuts was stripped and it took me forever to get it off, so I ended up being two hours late to my own party. At that same apart a coworker of mine passed my soon to be father-in-law a joint. The guy thought Jennifer's dad was the "entertainment's"chaperon, but then again he never was to bright which led to him being fired from the post office. Far as I know no one else was toking up that night though I have had my share of questionable friends over the years so I can't say for sure he was the only one. Good thing my father-in-law had already known and liked me for five years at that point.
5) Yes, I was in the room when both of my sons were born, but unlike most men I do not cherish the moment as being the most spectacular of my life. I was a nervous wreck. I hated every last minute of it and to this day I consider it be one of my most torturous experiences. Both were born by C-section and no the blood did not bother me in the least it was just having to stand by helplessly and watch that I did not like. Afterward, I was torn wanting to be two places at once.
I'm envious of the days when the fathers got to stand in the hall and them pass out cigars afterward.
6) I can't read the big E on an eye chart without my glasses or contacts on.
As far the title of the last post I meant it to refer to the lyrics of the song A Boy Names Sue which I references but upon further reflection I think they say cut off a piece of my ear instead of bite. I could have looked them up then, or know, but I'm too lazy.
Here's a random question. what is your favorite Johnny Cash song and why? I'll answer in the comments sometime tomorrow. Also I'm going to start throwing out obscure title for my post that bear some kind of connection to something in the post just to see if any of y'all can get them. Not for every post, but some. I'll let you know when. There may be prizes involved.