Saturday, October 2, 2010

Three Word Combos I Most Fear Will Appear In My Obituary Day 2 of Ten for 10/10./10

Ten straight days of Top Ten lists in anticipation of the arrival of October 10th, 2010. Why do I care so much about 10/10/10? Hell if I know, but a guy's gotta blog about something right. Feel free to join in any or all of the days with your own lists or expand on any of mine.

The Top 10 Three Word Combos I Most Fear Will Appear In My Obituary 

10. Rick Perry Henchmen

9. Winner Darwin Award
8. When Smoke Cleared

7. Horny Grizzly Bear

6. Angry Mob PETA

5. Meat Allergy Starvation

4. Trove Unpublished Novels 

3. Iceburg Romaine Arugula
2. Pitchfork, Brimstone, Devil 

1. Lifetime Motto Correct 

In case any of you are new to this blog I should explain my personal motto and one I repeat often is "Lettuce is the Devil." 

Today is my wife's birthday. I'll have wished her a happy one long before she reads this but for the record ... Happy Birthday Jennifer!




Kudos to my new Facebook buddy Adam Schwab for recommending today's subject matter.

12 comments:

Old Kitty said...

Happy Birthday to your wife
Bet she's gorgeous and full of life
May you give her lots of pressies
Happy Birthday to you wife.

Jennifer!

Hip hip hoooray!! Take care
x

Leah J. Utas said...

"When smoke cleared." Oh, my. Excellent one on a great list.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Of all the funny posts you've written, Travis, this is the FUNNIEST! And Happy B-Day to the love of your life, too.

Charles Gramlich said...

Happy bday to your wife. I might steal this idea for a blog post. Very funny.

Anonymous said...

Last words, "Hold my beer"

Iman

Texanne said...

Happy Birthday Jennifer! Letta meat cake!

Funny post, as ever.

Funnier still: Google Ads, or someone, has put a Groupon ad on your site. It shows a plate of SUSHI! Terrible when you have to compete for laughs with the searchbot-analytics combo.

Cloudia said...

Aloha ha ha from Honolulu

Comfort Spiral

Rick said...

Tell her Happy Birthday from the Blogosphere! And don't worry, my obit for you would be "A Great Writer."

Hilary said...

Too funny.. you could rival Letterman with your lists.

Belated happy birthday to your wife.

wordvixen said...

My personal favorite is "horny grizzly bear". Although I did wonder if that was supposed to be the description of you rather than method of death?

Happy Birthday Jenn!

Melanie Hooyenga said...

This is hilarious! I can't say I fear any of those words in my obituary, although I can't imagine them appearing in mine. Aside from the novels one, of course.

Anonymous said...

Love it!