Thursday, October 8, 2015

P is for Plodding

These days I seem have more to say than I do time to say it. Or in this case write it.

It's been a busy hectic summer and fall, but I think the one normal facet of life these days is that none of us have enough hours in the day.

Writing has been going well, despite no obvious evidence to the outside world. I am closing in on finally finishing a novel that I first started some ten years ago. At the time I was a bit intimated by he complexities of the story and its characters but as my skills have grown over the years so has my desire to finish. I have also started another story, this one with series potential that I am really excited about.

Meanwhile I've been doing a fair amount of freelance work for everything from a music magazine, to to football articles, and the exciting world of Femco oil pan drain plugs. A great novel

A few weeks back I had the pleasure of attending and presenting at the Women's Fiction Writer's Association first ever retreat. The event was perhaps the best writer's gathering I've ever been to. Met a lot of great and talented authors and I just finished reading The Perfect Son by Barbara Claypole White . I loved the novel. Deep complex characters that surprised and enlightned from start to finish.  And that ending ... WOW!



I was fortunate enough to get to hang out with Barbara and listen to hear cute cheerful British accent.


She and my wife haggled with the jewelry makers in Old Town while I strolled along and soaked up the cool vibes. I met many other longtime online friends as well as acquired new ones. The talent level was amazing.


Bet you can't pick me out.

I encourage anyone who writes Women's Fiction to check out he group and join. You won't find a more supportive organization.  https://womensfictionwriters.org/

So that's what I've been up to. What about you?


4 comments:

Charles Gramlich said...

A good time!

the walking man said...

Whoooo wee that's just too many women for a lone male to hang with--you're a stronger man than I.

Oh I have been turning down paid feature readings and not going to open mic's, writing what i want as i want and still not real good at pressing the shift key and the i key simultaneously. Other than that i have made it my newest mission to be a complete pain in the ass to all Detroit politicians because they suck.

Anonymous said...

Travis' wife says:
Loved the invitation to go to this retreat. Great change of pace.

Play Bazaar said...

In certain zones, there are explicit guidelines for rehearsing this elective treatment, satta king
play bazaar